Waiting

The rains have washed away
The remnants of yesterday
The water colored sky
Reaches out to the dripping wet leaves
With a promise of the
Sun kissed happy times that lie ahead
The smell of the wet earth
Brings back memories of
Unknown times that
Makes the green heart nostalgic.
The rain drenched birds
Wait in anticipation
To spread their wings and float away
To lands of dreams and music.
Creation drifts from one moment
To another..
With memories of the past
Ingrained in the future
Waiting for me to join them…

Comments

Megha said…
Inspiring! Lethal combination of all my fave elements- rain, nature, music, dance, sunshine and HOPE!
ritu said…
Wonderful juxtaposition of past and future...the poem makes you hopeful and at the same time it makes you sad for reasons unknown...Made me think of "Banalata Sen"..don't know why!
Ishita Bardhan said…
Hi Ritu, That is what this weather makes me feel.. so .. i am happy that it came out in the words .. thanks :-)
I had no idea you write poetry, and so well,...Wow is all I can say!!!
I had no idea you write poetry, and so well,...Wow is all I can say!!!
Ishita Bardhan said…
Sudeshna... I am assuming this is Mona.. he he he.. ektu ektu lojja pachchi.. I write just for myself.. thanks for your comment :-) There are more on this blog.. read them whenu find time.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotions at the workplace

The Zahir : The emotions that I experienced