Trying to be Me

Beyond the realms of reality
I can be the roman warrior
Masked in anger and pride
I can be the Trojan horse
To hide a million scary secrets in my belly
Or the fabled toad
Waiting to be turned into a prince
Beyond the realms of reality
I can cry, laugh, shout in glee
Love and despair in abandon
Not to be judged
Or evaluated on scales of society
To be banished as guilty
Or exemplified as ideal
Beyond the realms of reality
Lies my dreams, and hopes
With honest emotions and true feelings
For they make me truly me..

Comments

ritu said…
Lovely poem Ishita....Wonderful!
Just one point..why beyond the relams of reality..rather thats the real you and not the illusory image which all of us put up day in and day out?
Ishita Bardhan said…
Hi Ritu,
Thanks for your comment. I like your perspective of our day to day life being illusory. In this poem i had seen day to day life as the reality :-)
Ishita
Rumela Sengupta said…
I like to think of "truth" and "reality" as two different things. Reality that is manifested by our interface with the external world can be illusory, truth that is within us is eternal.

Popular posts from this blog

Emotions at the workplace

The Zahir : The emotions that I experienced

Waiting